I have more than a few choice words for this hat. This hat was made a long time ago, when I was still rather inexperienced. The pattern is from Judith Swartz’s Hip to Crochet,
which is bit un-hip and boring actually.
Hat pictured in pattern >>>> my hat
Lessons I learned when making this hat:
1. Yarn weight matters.
2. I hate gauging in rounds.
3. That stupid point at the top will not go away!
Something I learned about this hat just now when I looked it up on Ravelry:
Everyone has the same pointy hat problem, and they aren’t using acrylic, which makes me conclude that this pattern sucks.
Lessons I learned in a the past couple days:
1. Do not plan large projects with discontinued yarn colors. (Oops…)
2. Estimate the amount of yarn I have better. (Oops…)
3. Taking apart this hat to get the color is a great idea. (Color is Red Heart Super Saver’s Country Rose.)
Bye bye, horrible hat!